Searching for Best Drones 2017? Frankly speaking, it’s not a bed of roses. It is a bed of thorns. But don’t worry. You are not ALONE. I am here to give you very useful and sea deep knowledge about these drones. But before going to discuss these, I would like to share some very important points which will be very essential for all of you to choose your best product.
How do you discern about Drones?
The word Drone most of the time strikes our mind with meaning, “destruction”. Drones are not made to destroy humanity. As they are being used by the military in warfare for surveillance, combat and carry out high-risk missions, it doesn’t mean their only use is to take over enemies. They are associated with other jobs too, none of which have the concern to do with hurting people. It’s up to us if we use them in constructive or destructive purpose.
Drone, a gift of modern technology is itself combination of Unmanned Flying Machines. Usages of quadcopter with camera are well often common in the developed countries like USA, England, Russia, China, Australia etc. In last few years, massive growth in remote control air vehicles has been seen.
Should we Accept them or Repress them?
They are helping mankind in many ways. Their fair use must be encouraged. The advancements in these devices made them more efficient. In the soon future, the camera will be a thing of past. Their platforms will have newer models with better capabilities. They will take over the world with their benefits.
Do you think they’ll make a great influence or will they subside without many consequences?
In the past, these Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) were a property of military but now some drones and quadcopter have gained popularity in areas of civil life. It is expected that these will be irreplaceable as mobile phones are. These are now used for commercial purposes to personal entertainment. They are easier to operate both indoors and outdoors.
Are you curious to know its types?
When it comes to the classification of UAV, there is no set standard.
According to their usage, they are constructed in various shapes and sizes. Generally, they are classified according to their size. They are:
- Biomimetic Drones:
Biomimetic drones are really small in size, their size ranging from 1 meter to 10 centimeters. These are auto operational devices. These quadcopters are made so small so they can operate in small places where they did not collide with the obstacles. They might look like little creatures like insects. With the help of these, we can see small creatures under the earth. These drones can control along higher and longer altitudes and can do its assigned work efficiently.
Micro UAV is quite useful and efficient regarding their work. Microdrones are made to operate in higher altitudes like other quadcopters. Microdrones are used for the inspection of boundary lines of a country. They are helpful for searching something. These devices are used for examining security purposes. Microdrones are equipped with infrared cameras which are used for monitoring the suspicious places. With the help of microdrones, we can see the remote areas which are out of reach from us. They can capture the moments through their camera; and also have the ability to record videos.
- Rotatory Wing Drones:
Rotatory wing drone is a type which does not need any running or launching specific area. These type of quadcopter can easily take off from anywhere either they can easily rotate around its specified target. They are slightly low in speed but are very competent in its working.
- Fixed Wing Drones:
Fixed wing quadcopter are the one whose wings are fixed as its name shows, their wings can’t rotate, so they need a specific runway for launching their flight. They are high in speed as compared to one with rotatory wing. They can fly to the greater altitudes with higher speed like the others do.
KINDS OF A DRONE
They are of three distinctive kinds:
- Camera Drones.
- VPC/ Racing Drones.
- Flying toys.
Nowadays everyone wanted to have a Drone. But you must know these 5 things before you buy one.
All Drones Are Not Easy To Fly:
Anything that flies is really hard to control. Every device fly in a different way depending on its flight controller setup. Some are setup for vigorous flying while some of them geared towards stability.
When it comes to skill level and flying, we can call it as,
“Price vs Ease of Use”.
Not All Drones Are Ready To Fly:
When you are buying a quadcopter, you may see common acronyms RTF (stands for Ready-to-Fly), BNF (stands for Bind-and-Fly) and ARF (stands for Almost-Ready-to-Fly), FPV (stands for First-Person-View), RTH (stands for Return-To-Home), Gimbal, Headless Mode, Follow me and Brushless motor. Select according to your demand.
You Need to Make Funding Upfront:
Invest in a good controller, Buy a good battery and Get information about the different parts.
There are a Tons of Places to Buy Drones:
You can order online too but always search for the best shop. Such as Hobby King is known as the best shop because of having thousands of products.
Join a Drone Community:
The owner of the device must be a part of online quadcopter community. There are many forums available. You can get help regarding any problem in your device.
These non-lethal quadcopters has almost conquered the modern world as they are used in everyday tasks.
Surprising Benefits are:
- They can save a life: Equipped with special infrared sensors which identify people who are trapped in fires, car accidents, disaster and provide better perspective for searching victims even in low visibility.
- Law enforcement: For surveillance, search and rescue, drug investigation hostage situation accident investigation forensics explosive disposal.
- Media Access Hard-to-Reach Places: Aerial photography, Blockbuster Film capturing, gather news and information.
- Streamline Agriculture Management: Farmers use to check and spray their crops. These can target areas require attention, improve yield and conserve resources by pinpointing affected areas.
- Safe Infrastructure Maintenance and Management: Inspect underside of a bridge, top of a skyscraper, monitor power lines. They access the structures condition remotely.
- Monitor Environmental Data: protect land and rare wildlife species, study distribution, the density at a particular area, discover environmental violator, helps to detect forest fires, performs the geological survey, thermal or visual imaging of region.
- Scientific Research: Sometimes need data from the hazardous area. They help in getting information.
- Meteorologists: For weather casting.
- Logistics and Transportation: Carry and deliver heavier objects, deliver pizza and nowadays used as waiters in restaurants.
- In arts: Flying Pantograph- quadcopter is used to repeats its artist’s movement which can draw at distance and at a scale.
- Mass entertainment: Used in a backyard, for having pictures while riding cross country or while surfing, tech toys for adults, racing competitions, measure radio and TV courage.
- Job opportunities: In research and development, engineering, manufacturing, training, and operations of quadcopter.
- Street patrolling: Save people from robbers.
- Mapping: Quadcopter cartography, 3-D mapping.
- Ranchers: To count cattle and find lost ones.
Things to consider while buying a Drone:
- Budget: Decide how much you are willing to spend. As the prices increase the product quality also get improved.
- The quality of material: The first thing you must consider is the durability of material. No one wanted to see it crashed after its first flight. The material ranges from ABS plastic to Ordinary Plastic.
- The Batteries: One of the most important factors is battery life. How much time battery takes during charging, what is battery life and is replacement battery available.
- Controllable Range: The range that you can control your device vary with different models. Many of them have a range of 30m.
- Live Feed: It is not available in all of them. Some have LCD display which allows you to see what camera is capturing.
- Height and speed: It depends on personal preferences that you may like to have a height of 300feet and wanted to capture the entire baseball field.
- Design: Advancements are occurring fast and recently GPS capability is introduced which helps to withstand winds.
- Software: Go for the latest software device.
- Sensors: Aircraft state is very important. Movement and positions sensors tell about its state.
- Replacement option: Some models don’t allow easy replacement which means they are useless if any of its part break. Buy those products which have the guarantee or replacement options.
- Drone registration: Register your quadcopter to FAA.
- Camera type: Camera type available is important to notice. Some products come with their own quadcopter camera while we have to attach a camera to some of them.
Capture every moment as it is your last!
With high-quality accessories, you can improve your device by a video camera, thermal camera or by a multispectral camera which provides simple to 3D photography and videos. Camera operations are very important as cameras are commanded from the ground.
There are two types of imaging sensors used in most cameras are CCD (charged coupled device) and COMS (complementary metal oxide semiconductor). FPV (first person view) cameras use CCD sensors. CMOS sensors are used in most of the HD digital cameras.
CCD are less jello, good at light handling, and less noise in low light.
COMS provide higher resolution, higher framework, better color, and consume less power.
You must check the footage of the desired camera and observe how camera responds to low light, bright daylight and face the sun. Image quality and latency both are equally important. Don’t forget to notice the megapixels of the camera whether it is a separate camera or built-in camera.
Cause of concern:
With drones becoming a part of everyday life, many are concerned that they will violate their privacy since these quadcopters are capable of flying anywhere and capable of capturing pictures and videos.
Integration to society is working to ensure the safety of quadcopter usage, the FAA will set up almost 6 testing site around the nation. The test site is expected to bring tremendous economic benefits to their surrounding areas.