This is the most comprehensive guide to best gaming laptops under 1000 on the planet.
The best part?
We’ve spent 47 hours in total testing each gaming laptop rigorously, so you don’t have to. We’re going to break down the best gaming laptops in this price range (updated for 2019).
In short: if you want a budget gaming laptop, you’ll love this guide.
Let’s get started.
Best Gaming Laptops under 1000 Comparison
What to look for the best gaming laptop?
Nobody can draw an exact graph of such a gaming laptop that will work the best in 2019. Rather it is a grey area and as a gamer, you better know in what features you find the delight. According to that, these can be some of the common features that you need to take into account before buying.
- Graphics card: I don’t know of any feature to be as important as the graphics itself when it comes to a gaming laptop. There are so many varieties available by the two main manufactures i.e. AMD and NVIDIA that for a moment you’ll be crooked up. The best practice is to get two of the graphics card of average performance and then use them in SLI configuration. It will enable you to play 4K games at high FPS rates.
- Processor: Intel is by far the king of processors installed in gaming laptops. Although AMD is a competitor, yet they aren’t even close to i3 technology even. What has made Intel great is their ability to adapt well to the changing requirements of the customers. Anything above i5 is perfect for a gaming laptop.
- RAM: I don’t think that any gaming laptop would be coming with a RAM lower than 8GB. It is due to the fact that it isn’t something you need to worry about that much while buying a gaming laptop. Even in the best gaming laptop under 1000 dollars, you will get a RAM of 8GB. If not, you can upgrade it quite easily later on.
- Screen: Though it doesn’t matter much for a few people, some still consider as a key factor when they decide to buy a gaming laptop. Larger screens will definitely mean easier gaming. Even still, small screens work just fine. In the long run, it depends on yourself and your aesthetic preferences.
Some Pro tips for those buying a gaming laptop:
Laptops are delicate, fashionable and give a great look while you carry them. But do you know that there are some special issues you need to know about gaming laptops in particular? Here are they.
- You don’t need a gaming laptop for small load games. Don’t waste your money for them. Once you have bought it, go for better options such as Watch Dogs and GTA online.
- A big NO to touch screens. We highly don’t recommend touch screen laptops for gaming uses. They might be good for normal usage, but they aren’t the best for gaming as they consume more power and are also slower thus offering low FPS rates.
- If you want power, you’ll mostly find them in 17’’ laptop but they won’t be as portable as the 14” or 13” laptop who actually lack the power to give the best gaming experience.
- Keyboard is one of the most important factors in a gaming keyboard. If your keys stick and aren’t that free to be pressed, it’ll ruin your experience on the whole.
- Resolution display counts a lot. Never ever go for a laptop with a resolution display lower than 1920 x 1080. Instead look for the ones with 1440p displays.
- Invest some money and get an SSD for your laptop. Not only will it boost your load time but you will also get lots of storage to add as many games as you desire.
These were some of the instructions you need to consider before buying. If you are looking for best budget gaming laptop under 1000 dollars, we recommend you settle with the best specs you can get in that price.
In the other case, head to the games CD shop and ask him for the best game in terms of requirements. Check on its back cover whatever is written and then make a list of the specifications. Now go the seller you want to buy from and ask for a laptop same as that. Congrats, you are an owner of a gaming laptop that can run the best possible game.
Acer are well known in the world of gaming. Especially their Predator range. Unfortunately, most of their gaming laptops exceed the budget in question.
That is where the Predator Helios 300 differs. There’s a reason why it’s the best selling gaming laptop on Amazon.
It’s simply the best value. You get fantastic, up-to-date specs for the price.
|Display||15.6 inch, 1920 x 1080 pixels (IPS)|
|Graphics||Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 4GB GDDR5|
|Hard Drive||256GB SSD|
|RAM||16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM|
|Battery Life||7 hours|
We were pleasantly surprised with the performance of the Predator Helios 300 given the price bracket.
This is a powerful machine on a budget. It can handle the majority of demanding games on medium to high settings.
We played The Witcher for 30 minutes, it remained pretty cool throughout (below 90 degrees Celsius). But if it’s sitting on your lap, you’re going to feel the heat after a massive gaming sesh.
The best part about this laptop is the screen.
It has a beautiful IPS screen with great viewing angles. The only thing we noticed was a slight loss in brightness at some angles – but it’s still view able.
You’re a gamer, so you probably know that around 10 years ago Alienware was acquired by Dell.
At the same time, year-after-year Dell’s market share in gaming laptops has grown consistently.
And for good reason, they offer awesome gaming notebooks for the price.
Anyway, enough of the history lesson. In more recent times, Dell phased out its entry-level gaming laptop series in favour of something a bit sexier.
Meet the G5.
|Display||15.6 inch, 1920 x 1080 pixels (IPS)|
|Graphics||Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5|
|Hard Drive||128 GB (SSD) Boot + 1 TB HDD|
|RAM||8GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM|
|Battery Life||8 hours|
Dell’s cheaper gaming option but boasts higher end specs including the GTX 1060.
We loved it, and if you’re willing to splash out a little more – there’s the brother Dell G7 15 which will be more future proof and is aimed at the more moderate to intense gamer.
Last update on 2020-03-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API