The majority of antivirus programs on the market are capable of protecting your computer. However, because of their dependability and efficiency, some antivirus software is highly popular among consumers. Avast antivirus is without a doubt one of them. This is why so many people have been using this antivirus for a long time.
Avast is a famous antivirus program that can protect your computer from malicious and dangerous infections. It can safeguard your browser, files, applications, and a variety of other things. Some users claim that Avast Free Antivirus isn’t free and isn’t a full-featured antivirus program. That is just not the case; it is a full-featured anti-malware program.
The firewall, VPN, privacy, and spam safeguards are some of the extra features you get when you buy Avast Premium Security or Ultimate, although you can obtain those functions for free from other applications if you want them. Avast Free Antivirus offers free continuous virus protection, often known as on-access or resident protection. This means it can totally replace antivirus software from firms like McAfee and Norton, which charge an annual subscription for software and updates.
However, antivirus software can sometimes prevent particular websites from launching, as well as trustworthy apps from installing or modifying system files in some way. You may need to temporarily or permanently disable the antivirus for whatever reason. You can disable the antivirus for as long as you need it rather than deleting and reinstalling it.
There are two methods for disabling Avast antivirus on your computer.
Disabling Avast from the System Tray
- The first step in disabling Avast from the System Tray is to right-click on the Avast icon in the System Tray.
- Select “Avast Shields Control” from the drop-down menu.
- You can specify how long you want Avast to be disabled here. You can turn it off for 10 minutes, an hour, or completely.
- To confirm, click “Yes.
Disabling Avast via Settings
- To begin this guide on how to disable Avast from Settings, open Avast. Double-click the Avast icon in the system tray or double-click the icon on the desktop.
- Go to Settings (the Settings symbol is in the upper right corner of the screen).
- Go to “Components” and turn off Field System Shield, Mail Shield, and WebShield. Then, in the dialogue window, you’ll decide how long you want it disabled for and confirm your choices.
- Avast will be disabled.
How Can I Turn Off Avast on Mac?
Follow these steps to disable Avast on your Mac.
- Let’s start by launching Avast Security.
- Then select “Preferences” from the drop-down menu. Three Avast Shield points can be found.
- Now, on the shields, you want to disable, click “Disable.”
How to Disable All Shields At The Same Time?
- Locate the orange Avast symbol on the Windows taskbar and right-click to open the Avast antivirus settings.
- Now go to Avast shields and choose one of the choices, such as disabling for 10 minutes, an hour, until the machine is restarted, or permanently disabling the shields.
- Confirm your choice by clicking “OK,” and all shields will be halted for the duration you specify.
- To double-check that Avast has disabled all of the shields, go to the antivirus’s main window. Now, stay on the status tab and wait for the prompt below to appear.
You’ve successfully turned off all the shields if you get the prompt – “All your shields are turned off.”
If you need to restart the shields, simply select the ‘TURN ON’ option in the main window, and your shields should turn back on.
Disabling Avast Shields One At a Time
For the most part, you won’t need to turn off your virus protection completely. It’s also possible that turning off specific shields will suffice. This has another advantage: if you turn off Avast antivirus services one at a time, you will be able to complete your task while still having some level of protection.
- On the taskbar, in the bottom right corner, look for the Avast symbol. To open the Avast user interface, double-click.
- After that, go to the ‘Protection’ tab and locate ‘Core Shields’ from the drop-down menu. Choose the ‘Core Shields’ option now.
- There are four types of shields inside the core shields, each with its own toggle button for disabling or enabling the shields.
- You can now disable one of the shields by toggling the on-off toggle switch. You’ll be asked once again what time you want the shields to be disabled, and you can choose any of them.
When the task is finished, toggle ‘ON’ to activate the shields and provide complete protection.
How to Disable Avast Temporarily
You may need to disable Avast for a variety of reasons, such as installing drivers, video programs, or other programs. When your Avast is turned on, the program may not be identified. Then you must temporarily disable it. So, follow the steps below to temporarily disable Avast!
- Click the tiny triangle on your Windows taskbar to open the notification area. A range of security suite options appears when you right-click the Avast Antivirus icon.
- Then select Avast Shields Control from the drop-down menu. Now, select an option based on how long you want Avast Antivirus to be disabled.
- The operation will be confirmed after you confirm it. To confirm your choice, click “Yes.”
Avast makes use of innovative machine learning techniques to fight against ransomware attacks and other emerging dangers, and it is trusted by over 435 million users around the world. Viruses, adware, spyware, Trojans, and other malware are all detected, blocked, and removed by Avast Free Antivirus. Avast Antivirus products are divided into many tiers. It is a reliable and high-performing program. In third-party testing metrics, it consistently ranks in the top three. Most users will be satisfied with the free version.
More to read: