We all know that there are two main types of mixers, namely hand mixers and electric mixers. Hand mixers are common in homes for small mixing tasks such as beating eggs and mixing cookie dough. While a hand mixer is a handheld device, a stand mixer is a device that needs to sit permanently on the kitchen counter. Stand mixers are for the sophisticated cook who needs to mix ingredients on a regular basis.
What size stand mixer do I need?
The size of your stand mixer definitely matters. Typically, brands of electric mixers on the market will display stand mixers with capacities ranging from 3.5 to 8 quarts. Standard sizes are between 4.5 and 5.5 quarts. That’s enough to bake a batch of cookies or knead a loaf of bread. If you do a lot of cookie or bread baking, you’ll want to opt for a larger mixer.
- 5-8 qt. Mixers – These are small, compact units that can mix up to 4 pounds of bread dough, 4 pounds of thick pizza dough, 4 pounds of mashed potatoes, and 1.8 quarts. cream. These will not be able to handle tough doughs as their max motor strength is usually 0.5 HP. If you’re looking for something in between, you can go for the 7.5QT stand mixer. Check out the Acekool Tilting Head Electric Dough Mixers, they are perfect for all your daily mixing needs.
- 10 qt. Mixers – Compared to 8-quart mixers, these units are slightly larger and hold about 5 pounds of bread dough, 5 pounds of thick pizza dough, 5 pounds of mashed potatoes, 8 pounds of cake batter, and 2 quarts. cream. So, if you have high mixing needs and large quantities, buy this one.
- 20 qt. Mixers – These are medium-sized mixers for large families. These mixers are more powerful and can handle higher numbers and densities. They can mix about 25 pounds of bread dough, 20 pounds of thick pizza dough, 15 pounds of mashed potatoes, and 4 quarts. cream.
- 30 qt. Mixers– 30 qt. Mixers and sizes above are considered floor mixers. These are designed to sit on the kitchen floor. These can hold up to 45 pounds of bread dough, 40 pounds of thick pizza dough, 23 pounds of mashed potatoes, 30 pounds of cake batter, and 6 quarts. cream. They are usually fitted with 3 HP motors. If you have a small home baking business, you can choose this one.
- 60 qt. Mixers – These are large mixers used in large factories, pizzerias and bakeries. These are designed for operations that produce large quantities of dense dough. They have powerful motors and are durable enough to withstand mixing these doughs. They can handle up to 90 pounds of bread dough, 70 pounds of thick pizza dough, or 60 pounds of cake batter.
Stand mixers are quite expensive, so you should carefully consider the brand and other requirements before investing. Choose a suitable size that best suits you. Also, check the durability and accessories that come with the product.
Attention: This article has the permission from GaoMon Blogs, for Product Recommendation of GaoMon Home – Embrace The New Style of Life
More to read: