Do you kown how to use shadowplay corretly? ShadowPlay is a feature offered by Nvidia to record your gameplay. Also known as Nvidia share, you can both record and share high-resolution gameplay videos from your gaming sessions, much like the videos you see from gamers on Twitch streams. The ShadowPlay feature lets you live stream your games and also includes an FPS counter overlay that you can use for screen recording along with tools for broadcasting.
Nvidia ShadowPlay and ShadowPlay Highlights are two screen recording features that are available as a part of the Nvidia GeForce Experience. Nvidia rebranded ShadowPlay as Nvidia share, but it is still known to many as ShadowPlay. These features are available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. If you have a PC equipped with modern NVIDIA graphics hardware, you will have access to this feature.
You might be wondering how to use the ShadowPlay feature to record one of your games. Before figuring out how to use it you must see whether your device is compatible with the feature.
To use the ShadowPlay feature your device must have the right hardware. You can visit the official website of Nvidia to know the hardware requirements. You would also need the GeForce app installed. You have to install the GeForce Experience app to find out whether your device is compatible to run the feature. Follow these steps to see if the ShadowPlay feature is compatible with your device.
- Run the GeForce Experience app on your device and allow it to update itself and any drivers that are required.
- Tap on the cogwheel app at the top to go to the app’s settings
- Check whether the ‘In-game overlay’ option is enabled under the features section. If it is, you can use the ShadowPlay feature to record your gaming sessions.
How to Use ShadowPlay?
Once you figure out the compatibility bit, it is time to explore the feature to get used to it. Here’s how to use the ShadowPlay feature to record your gaming sessions in high resolution.
- Launch the GeForce app on your device.
- Click the cogwheel button and scroll down to the features section.
- Turn on the ‘In-game overlay’ card, and toggle it on. A green light indicates that the feature is ready to be used. The default mode is ‘’Shadow and Manual”
- Shadow mode automatically records your gameplay. Press Alt+F10 on your keyboard to record the last five minutes of the game.
- If you are using the manual mode to record a game, press Alt+F9 to start recording the game. You can press Alt+F9 again to stop the recording.
- The clip that you have recorded will be saved under system videos in the specific folder. These settings can be changed once the ShadowPlay feature is activated for the first time. You can change your settings after you record your first clip.
- Go to the ShadowPlay preferences window and choose preferences. Tap on ShadowPlay and here you will be able to find many features like webcam, status indicator, and push talks. You can even alter the hotkeys that record your gameplay.
Apart from ShadowPlay, this GeForce Experience application also offers NVIDIA graphics driver updates, one-click game settings optimization, and game streaming from your PC. If you are a hardcore gamer, all these are useful settings. However, you should note that recording with ShadowPlay will decrease your game performance. NVIDIA states that game performance will be decreased by 5%, while it could be 10% in more demanding games.
If you have a fast enough PC or a gaming laptop, you won’t notice the difference. All gameplay recording solutions utilize system resources, including Windows 10’s Game DVR feature. It is better to disable ShadowPlay when you are not using it to get the optimal gaming performance.
So if you’re wondering how to use shadowplay, the above-mentioned ways are how you do it.
In modern life, there are more and more technologies to make our daily life easy and colorful, not only in gaming but also house living.The electric kitchenware such as stand mixer, air purifier,and so on make our life simple and convenient.
More to read:
I hope you love our product recommendations! Just so you know, Protechlists may collect compensation and commission from the links on this page! If there is anything we can improve, please let us know!